There are presently no open calls for submissions.
***All submissions should relate to chronic illness in some way***
Want to submit? We suggest first reading pieces already published on the site, then checking out our conversation about why we began Chronically Lit, and our Six Questions For interview to better understand what we are and are not looking for.
Chronically Lit: talking loudly about chronic illness straddles the literary and mainstream writing worlds. Our vision is to examine and expand the representation of chronic illness in contemporary literature, media, and culture.
We generally respond in 3-6 months.
Note that our first 100 submissions every month are free, then only tip jar submissions are open. If you cannot afford to pay to submit, wait until the first of the next month and it'll be free again. :)
We pay a token $10 per accepted publication out of our own pockets. If you think you know how we can monetize (without intrusive, exploitative ads), send an email.
- Please only submit one item per category at a time (except poetry & art)
- Please read guidelines of individual categories before submitting
- Please use 12-point font (except comics) and double space prose
- Please include the word count in your cover letter
- Simultaneous submissions are welcome, but please notify us immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere
- Please only submit previously unpublished writing